Consultant Paediatric Neurology
2 – 5 years
- Performs the professional duties of a pediatrician.
- To perform his duties in the Pediatric Outpatient Clinic evaluating patients on a daily basis.
- Performs general or special examinations and other procedures covering the full scope of the field of pediatrics. Orders laboratory examinations and x-rays, determines diagnosis, prescribes nursing and dietary care necessary, orders or applies such preventive measures as required.
- Serves as pediatric consultant to Surgery and OB/Gyn to in- and out-patients as assigned and/or required.
- Serves as a specialist in pediatrics providing consultative services to the other Medical Services. Provides technical assistance with pediatric patients.
- Reviews journals, texts or periodicals in order to keep current on latest techniques, procedures, drugs and therapy.
- Participates in scheduled in-service training programs and in the regular Physicians' Conferences.
- Provides on-call emergency coverage for pediatric emergencies
- Performs other miscellaneous related duties as requested.
- Graduate of approved Medical School with a valid license to practice medicine.
- Certification by the American Board of Pediatrics or equivalent U.K. certification Member of the Royal College of Physicians (PAEDS).
- At least 2 years as a full-time pediatrician, after residency training.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics, with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work; personality which inspires confidence and trust in his patients; and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DHA license to practice in Dubai, UAE.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.
Jobs from similar sector