Staff Nurse - Endoscopy
2 – 5 years
- Demonstrates problem-solving/critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of unit routine.
- Demonstrates current Endoscopy nursing knowledge with the ability to recognize and apply basic pathophysiology in the disease process.
- Demonstrates competent technical nursing skills; medications are administered safely and according to policies and procedures, physicians are assisted with patient examinations and specialized procedures, proficiency is demonstrated with IV therapy, and dressings etc.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required in recognizing potential emergencies; codes and other emergencies are managed competently. Actively participates in mock codes.
- Develops individualized care plans based on the nursing diagnosis, with updated revisions according to evaluation and re-assessment findings. Activities of daily living e.g. hygiene needs are considered in daily care planning.
- Sets priorities and plans implementation of patient care; implementation of care is completed in a timely, organized manner and follows AHD nursing standards and policy and procedure. Activities of daily living e.g. hygiene needs are supported.
- Demonstrates attention to discharge planning; discharge planning is addressed on admission, on-going and as care plans are modified. Discharge and transfer procedures are completed in a timely and complete manner.
- Provides accurate, complete and prompt reports on patient care conditions and response to treatment. Collaborates effectively as a multidisciplinary team member.
- Nursing documentation is informative, complete, accurate, concise and legible. Documentation follows AHD and JCI standards and reflects the nursing process from assessment through evaluation.
- Works in other areas within the hospital when assigned, within the scope of practice.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency based on the latest research and established standards of practice. Completes all Core Competencies for nursing as well as applicable Unit Specific Competencies within prescribed timelines.
- Demonstrates awareness and knowledge of Infection Control, Pain Management and Wound Care practices and standards. Reports and documents as directed in the relevant policies and procedures.
- Understands the responsibilities of safe handling, and administration of Narcotic / Controlled Drugs and documentation as directed by policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates support of leadership. Encourages team decisions, cooperation within and across departments and assist in resolving differences of opinion.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural difference among customers and colleagues, demonstrates sensitivity and tolerance to cultural differences.
- Involves patient, significant others and healthcare provider in patient's plan of care and education.
- Performs special procedures (Endoscopy procedure e.g. procedural sedation, GI and Pulmonary procedures etc.) in accordance to procedures and guidelines, following orders and appropriate monitoring.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and the ability to, render care based on age, appropriateness and developmental needs of patients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of medical equipment available and in use on the unit.
- Demonstrates understanding and familiarity with Facility Management and Safety plan.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (minimum of three (3) years full-time course duration) or
- Degree in Nursing (minimum two (2) years course duration) and Registration as a Registered Nurse from Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia
- For UAE nationals graduates of UAE or non-UAE universities are exempted from the experience and clinical training requirements for the applied title. (UAE National must submit a copy of their birth certificate and the mother's family book)
- Non-UAE national graduates from UAE universities are required to complete six (6) months of clinical training post-graduation in an APS health facility (except for Registered and assistant Nurse titles)
- Must hold a valid License/Registration to practice in their home country and/or country of last employment (where applicable)
- Must hold a minimum of a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification or others according to the scope of practice
- At least two (2) years of recent post-graduate nursing experience
- Knowledge of and ability to render care and services based on age, appropriateness and developmental needs of patients
- Skills in assessment of patient and family's physical and psychological needs
- Skills in coordination and planning of care and prioritising care based on individual needs
Jobs from similar sector