Staff Nurse - Breast Care Clinic
2 – 5 years
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks ensuring effective functioning of the area.
- Follows the chain of command in reporting incidents or concerns.
- Prioritizes workload and completes correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensures safe working environment through strict compliance with Hospital Policy and Procedure regarding safety, infection and security.
- Demonstrates skills in assessment of patient, family’s physical and psychological needs.
- Demonstrates skill in coordination and planning of care and prioritize care based on individual needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to render care and services based on age, appropriateness and developmental needs of patients.
- Performs nursing interventions / procedures in accordance with established standards of care and policy and procedures.
- Identifies and responds to urgent/emergency situations appropriately and directs team members in a calm, proficient manner.
- Provide Nursing Care to patient prior and post procedure.
- Book patient for appointment, procedure, or treatment according to treatment plan.
- Follow up on patient’s diagnostic tests and coordinate with physicians for informing patients about their results, treatment, or if a follow up is needed with physician.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation as per Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains competency in use of department-specific equipment necessary for the resuscitation of the patient.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness regarding department / service-specific policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates delivery of safe and appropriate nursing care according to standards of care.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, co-workers, visitors and others by following hospital policy in reporting of equipment failures, safety and security issues.
- Demonstrates effective communication and good customer service skills when interacting with the interdisciplinary team, patients, families and others.
- Supports the effective functioning of unit routine, i.e., preparation of charts (screening); use of electronic record system, update of patient records and preparation in view of day schedule.
- Self-updating regarding internal memos and communication towards changes in clinic.
- Keep consultation rooms stocked and clean prior and after patient has been seen.
- Admits and discharges patients according to established standards.
- Organizes and prepares patient with an outpatient appointment for MRI/CT under Sedation/Analgesia.
- Administer medication, chemotherapy, infusion, blood products (whatever applicable) as per Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Minimum 3-4 years nursing care, with at least two years’ experience in speciality
- Previous experience in a Private Healthcare institute is an asset.
- Current license to practice nursing.
- BCLS certification.
- Post graduate diploma, where applicable.
Jobs from similar sector