2 – 5 years
- To perform the professional duties of a specialist histopathologist by the delineation of privileges as recommended by the credential committee. Examines surgical specimens. All tissues removed at surgery are examined and a written report is rendered. This duty includes consultation when needed with the Surgeon during the surgery, either with, or without, frozen section examination.
- Examines cytology smears. All abnormal cytology specimens are examined and reported.
- Examines and reports bone marrow specimens.
- Assists Chief Pathologist with details of selection of test procedures and quality control measures and their interpretation.
- Performing and maintaining the quality control procedures required as per the standards of the JCIA requirements.
- Analysis, interpretation and reporting of the histopathology specimens, cytopathology specimens and other laboratory tests by professional standards and guidelines of the health regulatory authorities such as HAAD.
- Implementation of Laboratory safety protocols to provide a safe work environment for all the laboratory staff as well as for the patients.
- Providing 24-hour services of the laboratory and blood transfusion facility for emergency patients in the hospital. Staff Qualification and Education Specialist Histopathologist JOB DE.
- Participating in in-house CME programs as well as CME programs in other hospitals for Continued Professional Development to maintain the professional standards required for the practice of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information and administrative matters of a confidential nature.
- Evidence of dependability in carrying out the commitments and obligations of the position.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of the Department.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply with those requirements
- Work in accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH of Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, and incident reports Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus one year of internship and three years of residency; Post graduate degree (MD-Pathology) and International Fellowship from the College of American Pathologists (or its equivalent).
- At least three (3) years of experience in the management of all types of laboratory test & techniques in all types & ages of patients.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Knowledge of the Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Must be highly skilled in the particular field of practice, with mature clinical judgment and the ability to provide professional leadership. He/she must have a thorough knowledge of Medical Department policies and procedures with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work; and personality. which inspires confidence and trust in his patients; and adheres to the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Communication, and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.
Jobs from similar sector