2 – 5 years
- To perform the professional duties of a gastroenterologist in accordance with the delineation of privileges as recommended and approved by the Credentials Committee.
- To perform his duties in the G.I Clinic, evaluating patients with G.I. diseases.
- To perform G.I. procedures - upper and lower G.I. endoscopies, liver biopsies, E.R.C.P., oesophageal motility studies.
- To provide consultation/referral services to the in patient services in his area of expertise.
- Provides after working hours on call emergency coverage for G.I. emergencies.
- Provides supervision and education to the endoscopy staff, nurses and technicians.
- Participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.g. monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit and chart review).
- Graduation from an approved Medical School
- 1 year of Rotating Internship
- 3 year residency of Internal Medicine Residency.
- 3 years Residency training in a recognized residency in Gastroenterology
- Current license in country of origin with Specialist Gastroenterologist DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Minimum 2 years experience of practice in the field of GI.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics, with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work; personality which inspires confidence and trust in his patients; and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Excellent command and fluency of oral and written English and Hindi. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.
Jobs from similar sector