Health Care Assistant
2 – 5 years
High school diploma or equivalent
- Prioritizes work.
- Provides general hygiene, personal care and activities of daily living for the patient under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for patient / staff.
- Decontaminates equipment as per biomedical department’s guidelines.
- Carries out routine damp dusting of patients rooms, store room stored equipment as per established routine and maintains records of such.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to render care and services based on age appropriateness and developmental need of patient.
- Responds promptly and positively to patients, families, co-workers, and all others in a respectful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Ensures patient rooms are adequately stocked and prepared for patient.
- Escort patients to other departments as needed.
- Acts as an interdepartmental courier.
- Supports the effective functioning of unit routine, i.e. answers call bells, prepares charts, etc.
- Performs additional duties as specified by Head Nurse, Team Leader or Senior Staff Nurse.
- Responds appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- Measures and records daily:
- Fridge (Medication and nutrition) temperature
- Linen warmer temperature
- Glucometers daily quality check
- Cleaning schedules
- Accountable for accurate charging and store organization
- Appropriate use of the sick leave system
- Maintains a safe, hygienic JCI standard unit environment.
- 2 years nursing assistant or midwife experience.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Arabic speaker desirable.
Jobs from similar sector