Consultant Palliative Medicine
2 – 5 years
- Understands, supports and adheres to all established initiatives, policies and procedures as requested.
- Participates in the organization’s performance management system, including peer review and the productivity and utilization review processes.
- Participates in committees and working groups as requested.
- Assumes other administrative duties as requested by the line manager.
- Diagnoses and treats patients according to established standards of ‘best practice’ in palliative care.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats patients as assigned and within the scope of license, training and credentialing.
- Perform Outpatient Palliative medicine clinics.
- Participates and performs in clinical ward rounds.
- Evaluates newly referred patients and assesses admissions and develops individualized care plans based on patient assessment, considering their goals and values.
- Advises on the palliative/end-of-life care needs of patients including pain management, symptom control and psychological support.
- Leads the Palliative care team in the provision of patient centered and goal orientated end-of-life care.
- Works closely with other clinical team members to ensure the delivery of the best possible palliative care.
- Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely manner.
- Reviews results of all investigation and modifies treatment in a timely manner.
- Supervises and supports newly appointed physicians as determined by the Line manager.
- Maintains a good working relationship with members of staff and promotes collaboration and a team-based approach to patient care.
- Complies with all facility policies regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, procedures, prescribing and discharge protocols.
- Adheres to established policies regarding patient confidentiality and informed consent.
- Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduation from approved school of medicine, plus one year of internship
- Post Graduate specialization in Palliative Medicine (DM/CCT/ American Board)
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DOH/MOH/DHA license to practice in UAE.
Jobs from similar sector